Telling Signs That You Should Call for Professional AC Repair Services
Consider yourself lucky if you have never had any problems with your air conditioning system. Many homeowners however experience these problems when they least expect it, and worse, during summer time. But what are the most common AC unit problems and how will you know if you are dealing with a broken system? If you do not know the answer to these questions and if you are not confident on how to troubleshoot your system, it is best to call a professional technician for your AC repair in Albuquerque, NM.
Even if you have done all of the usual maintenance steps to keep your air conditioning system working at its best, there could still be a few problems. Below are a few common signs that may indicate that it is time to call professional AC repair in Albuquerque, NM:
- AC won’t turn on: Most air conditioning systems are made to last up to 20 years without any major repairs. However, if you find yourself in a position where your AC will simply not turn on, then you should have it checked immediately. There can be several factors as to why it is not starting including frost build-up, a dirty compressor, and the like.
- Lack of cool air: The main purpose of your AC is to circulate cool air, but if it is not cooling your home like it is supposed to, then this is a sign of a failed compressor.
- Strange sounds: There could be various reasons as to why your AC is making strange and unusual sounds. However, know that your AC is bound to produce some sound while functioning, but it should only be minimal. If its sound is bothersome, then it is best to leave it to professionals.
- Unusual Odors: If there are unusual smells coming from your AC, this could be an indication of electrical issues or it is possible that something overheated. In this type of situation, it is best to call someone immediately in order to save your system.
- Moisture: If you notice moisture or leaks around your AC unit, it can pose a serious risk if it is not checked immediately. Since water and electrical wires do not go together, it could end up damaging not only your AC, but your home’s electric system altogether. This type of problem can be fixed quickly. Do not delay!
- High electric bills: If your electric bill is higher than usual, there might be an issue with your AC system. The cool air can easily go to waste due to faulty ducts. Moisture, molds, and other allergens are only a few of the contaminants that can worsen any leakage and you do not want these particles to enter your home. Overheating may also occur if the fan of your AC is not working properly. Thus, your entire AC system has to work twice as hard, consuming more energy than usual. In this case, it is important to call a professional to have this checked immediately.
No matter what kind of problem you might be facing with your AC unit, it is best to approach it with caution. If you find yourself in need of AC repair in Albuquerque, NM, then our team at DG’s Heating, Cooling, and Roofing got you covered. We understand that your air conditioning system is an important investment and we care for it as much as you do. Do not hesitate to call us up at (505) 553-4459 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.